Lead Designations Regulatory Actions
This page contains a chronological listing of all regulatory actions related to designations for the 2008 lead standard.
EPA Announces Proposal to Retain Current Lead National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS)
- January 5, 2015 - Proposed Rule to Retain the Current NAAQS for Lead
EPA Completes Second Round of Lead Nonattainment Designations
- November 8, 2011 - EPA designated all remaining areas as meeting or not meeting the 2008 lead standards based on data from 2008 - 2010.
EPA Shares Plans for Second Round of Lead Designations
- June 15, 2011 - In response to recommendations from state and local tribal representatives, EPA sent letters outlining the areas it is considering designating as “nonattainment,” "unclassifiable/attainment," or "unclassifiable" for the second round of designations for the lead standards.
EPA Completes Initial Round of Lead Nonattainment Designations
- November 16, 2010 - EPA completed initial round of lead nonattainment designations
Recommendations for Areas to be Designated Nonattainment for the 2008 Lead National Air Quality Standards
- June 15, 2010 – In response to recommendations from state and local tribal representatives, EPA sent letters outlining the areas it is considering designating as “nonattainment” for the lead standards.