How to Obtain a Copy of an Environmental Impact Statement
This page contains information for individuals who would like to get a copy of an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
To obtain a copy of an EIS you can:
- Visit EPA's EIS Database which contains an electronic version of all EISs published since October 1, 2012.
- Contact the preparing agencies "contact person" which is listed in EPA's EIS Database.
- Contact the Northwestern University Transportation Library
- One of the largest collections of EISs is available from Northwestern University's Transportation Library. Nearly all of the EISs issued by Federal agencies since 1969 are held, usually including both Draft and Final EISs, as well as related documents (e.g., Environmental Assessments (EAs), Findings Of No Significant Impact (FONSI), Record Of Decisions (RODs), supplementary reports, and maps).
- Northwestern University Transportation Library Address
1970 Campus Drive
Evanston, IL 60208
- Ask your local librarian to contact the EPA Headquarters Repository to arrange an interlibrary loan.
- The EPA Headquarters Repository in Washington D.C. houses a microfiche collection of final EISs filed from 1970 through 1977, and all draft, final and supplemental EISs filed from 1978 through 1990. These microfiches are available through inter-library loans; please ask your local librarian to contact the EPA Headquarters Repository to arrange an interlibrary loan.