Urban Runoff: Model Ordinances for Stormwater Control
This section includes model ordinance language, which focuses primarily on the maintenance of stormwater BMPs, and includes the elements of design, routine maintenance, and inspections. Stormwater ordinance language regarding the maintenance of erosion control measures would differ slightly from a sediment and erosion control ordinance due to the short-term nature of these measures. In addition, it is important to note that elements such as the process of applying for a permit would be included in more comprehensive sediment and erosion control or stormwater ordinances.
- Stormwater Operation and Maintenance Model Ordinance (pdf)
- Ordinance Language from Grand Traverse County, MI (pdf)
- Example maintenance agreement from Albemarle County, VA (pdf)
- Easement and ROW agreement from Montgomery County, MD (pdf)
- Anne Arundel County, MD Inspection Checklist (pdf)
- Performance Bond from Colorado (pdf)