People, Prosperity, Planet…the Journey to Sustainability: P2 Week and NPPR P2U Kickoff
On this webinar, NPPR and EPA Region 4 celebrated 30 years of the P2 Act, 35 years of NPPR, and 50 years of the EPA.
- Definition and impact of P2
- Brief discussion of the evolution of P2, including federal P2 legislation in 1990, EPA programs that advance P2 principles and foster implementation, P2 in today’s world, and where EPA’s P2 program is headed in the future
- Brief history of NPPR’s origins and how it currently supports P2 work being done at the local, state, and national level
- Announcement of NPPR’s 2020 MVP2 Award Winners
- Launch of NPPR's P2U Training Series, a collaborative effort between NPPR and EPA Region 4 that supports networking and professional development for P2 practitioners
- Ken Zarker, NPPR Board Chair Emeritus, Washington State Department of Ecology
- Cesar Zapata, Division Director, U.S. EPA Region 4
- Laura Henne, NPPR Board Chair, NJ Department of Environmental Protection
- Pam Swingle, U.S. EPA Region 4, Pollution Prevention Program Manager
- Kathy Davey, U.S. EPA HQ, Pollution Prevention Program
- Christina Guthrie, U.S. EPA HQ, Pollution Prevention Program
- Andrea Kreiner, Former director for Delaware’s P2 Program and NPPR Chair ’96-’97
- Cam Metcalf, Former Executive Director, Kentucky Pollution Prevention Center NPPR Board of Directors ‘96-‘99
- Gary Hunt, Former Director, NC Division of Pollution Prevention & Environmental Assistance, `NPPR Vice-Chair ‘99-‘00 & ‘09-‘10
- Watch a recording of this webinar.
- The webinar slides are below.
- Explore additional webinar resources from NPPR.
- Register for upcoming P2 webinars.
- Review past P2 webinars.
People, Prosperity, Planet…the Journey to Sustainability (pdf)
September 22, 2020, webinar slides