Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange (P2RX)
The Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange (P2Rx™) is a national network of regional P2 information centers whose mission is to advance pollution prevention as a cornerstone of sustainability. The centers build networks, deliver P2 information and measure P2 program results. The P2Rx centers are funded in part through grants from EPA under the Pollution Prevention Information Network grants program.
The goals of the P2Rx Regional Information Centers are to:
- Build and facilitate dynamic regional and national P2 topic driven networks.
- Serve as the trusted source for P2 information.
- Increase the awareness, accessibility and usability of P2 information.
- Evaluate and measure the impact of various tools to achieve our goals.
For further information contact: Scott Drewes, US EPA Headquarters, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW - MC 7406M, Washington, DC 20460; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
P2RX National Products and Services: The following links exit the site Exit
- Calendar of training events and webinars.
- Topic Hubs: are web-based guides to peer-reviewed pollution prevention information and expertise on a particular subject.
- P2 Impact column at GreenBiz.com
- P2 News: news headlines related to pollution prevention.
- P2 Programs Directory: provides expertise and contact information for state and local environmental technical assistance providers.
- Sector Resources: technical documents organized by industry sector available from P2Rx Centers.
- Tribal P2: a website for environmental professionals from tribal entities, local, state and other organizations.
CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT
NEWMOA’s projects include:
- The National Sustainable Lodging Network, an online community of sustainable hospitality practitioners. Membership is open to all regions.
- The Green Lodging Calculator, which helps lodging facilities and sustainable hospitality programs estimate the financial and environmental benefits of sustainable practices.
- Green Chemistry Connection, an online community of green chemistry practitioners and an information clearinghouse of resources to support their work.
Region 3, 4: Environmental Sustainability Resource Center (ESRC)
AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, KY, MD, MS, NC, PA, SC, TN, VA, WV
The Environmental Sustainability Resource Center (ESRC) provides pollution prevention technical support to the states in EPA Regions 3 and 4 and provides support for:
- E3 (Economy, Energy and the Environment) collaboration among federal agencies, states and local communities.
- Regional training and webinars.
- Technical assistance through the Kentucky Pollution Prevention Program.
IL, IN, MI, MN, NY, OH, PA, WI, Ontario, Canada
GLRPPR projects include:
- A series of LibGuides including the Pollution Prevention 101 LibGuide and the Green Business LibGuide.
- Sector Resources, a large collection of online sustainability information, organized by topic.
- Data initiative designed to bring together previously siloed public data sets (Toxics Release Inventory, Greenhouse Gas data, economic data from the Census Bureau) from several different federal agencies and combine them in ways that will help P2 TAPs make data-driven decisions about how to target their technical assistance. Publications related to this and other GLRPPR projects.
Region 6: Zero Waste Network
AR, LA, NM, OK, TX
The Zero Waste Network's projects include:
- A P2 success story database that provides examples of how a real facility saved money, reduced waste and/or lowered their regulatory burden through an innovative P2 practice. Zero Waste is currently accepting success stories and case studies from all U.S. EPA regions. Access the database or add a success story.
- P2 Options, a set of best management practices for a variety of industries to save money and reduce waste.
- Resource Exchange (RENEW) - A tool is designed to help facilities exchange materials that would otherwise be disposed of. RENEW allows you to see materials available at a facility, or post your own materials. Facilities who post materials can avoid disposal costs, and possibly reduce their regulatory burden. Searching available materials helps you find materials for your facility at a reduced cost, often free.
Region 7: Pollution Prevention Regional Information Center (P2RIC)
IA, KS, MO, NE
P2RIC's projects include:
- P2 Infohouse, a searchable online collection of more than 50,000 P2 related publications, fact sheets, case studies and technical reports.
- Resources and information to achieve resource conservation (energy efficiency, water conservation, waste avoidance, toxics use reduction), focusing on the Triple Bottom Line evaluation and adoption of business strategies, management and practices.
- P2Ric webinars.
CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY
Peaks to Prairies' projects include
- E3 in Montana Agriculture, which applies the Economy-Energy-Environment (E3) framework to Montana’s agricultural industry.
- Coordinating the Tribal Pollution Prevention Network
- Homes Across America, which serves as a major vehicle for sharing information amongst builders, architects and building associations.
- Resources, toolkits and webinars which are organized by subject.
AZ, CA, HI, NV
WSPPN projects include:
- P2 training and webinars, including online introductory video courses in P2 101, and Green Chemistry 101.
- The Green Business Program Resource, which includes information about green business certification programs and links to selected certification programs across the country. WSPPN is collaborating with the California Green Business Program Network to help replicate California's green business program tools and measurement tracking systems nationally.
- A partnership with California, Oregon and Washington to advance the collaborative goals of the 2015 West Coast Green Chemistry and Safer Products Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
WA, ID, OR, AK
PPRC's projects include:
- Greening Sports technical support, including The Green Sports Directory, a guide to local, regional and national contacts that can help sports facility managers "green" their operations; Rapid Response service; and E-Waste Directory.
- Spray Technique Analysis and Research (STAR®) and NESHAP training for painters and those that apply coatings. Delivered both in English and Spanish
- Toxics reduction, including heavy metals reduction, like cadmium and zinc.
- EcoBiz, environmental business certification program in Oregon for auto repair & body shops, landscapers, and car washes.