Pollution Prevention Resources
The links listed below offer access to EPA's information and outreach materials on pollution prevention (P2).
- P2 Hub Helpline
- Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange (P2RX)
- EPA P2 publications
- General P2 information
- P2 technical assistance
- Case studies
The P2 Hub Helpline is a free information service dedicated to reducing and eliminating industrial pollutants through education and public awareness. The P2 Hub Helpline provides reference and referral services from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Reference questions can be submitted via voicemail at (202) 566-0799, postal mail, or email. A web form is also available.
The Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange (P2Rx): A national network of P2 information centers funded in part through grants from EPA. Their mission is to advance pollution prevention as a cornerstone of sustainability.
- Clearwaters Magazine: The New York Water Environment Association, Inc. (NYWEA) publishes this quarterly technical magazine and it contains articles on environmental issues.
- Greenlist Bulletin: Weekly publication of the Technology Health and Environment Library at the Toxic Use Reduction Institute (TURI) that lists abstracts of recently published titles.
- P2 VIEW: Publication of the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection for consumers featuring stories on P2 and sustainability.
National Service Center for Environmental Publications (NSCEP): Maintains and distributes EPA publications in hardcopy, CD ROM and other multimedia formats. The current publication inventory includes over 7,000 titles. NSCEP also develops and distributes the annual EPA National Publications Catalog.
General P2 Publications
- Tips for Pollution Prevention: Brochure geared toward concerned citizens. EPA-742-F-09-001. March 2009.
- Why Should You Care About Preventing Waste: Pollution Prevention Pocketbook: Aimed at making the businesses case for P2.
P2 Technical Assistance Publications
- Integrating Green Purchasing into your Environmental Management System (EMS): EPA 742-R-05-001. April 2005.
- An Organizational Guide to Pollution Prevention: EPA-625-R-01-003. August 2001.
- Guide to Industrial Assessments for Pollution Prevention and Energy Efficiency: EPA-625-R-99-003. June 2001.
- Lean and Green Supply Chain: A Practical Guide for Materials Managers and Supply Chain Managers to Reduce Costs and Improve Environmental Performance: EPA-742-R-00-001. January 2000.