Pacific Southwest (Region 9) Media Center
Find news releases, newsletters, contacts, and other information for the media and public at EPA’s Pacific Southwest Media Center. EPA’s Pacific Southwest region implements and enforces federal environmental laws in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, the Pacific Islands, and 148 tribal nations.
- U.S. EPA issues new emergency order on drinking water safety to Oasis Mobile Home Park
- U.S. EPA, CalEPA launch joint effort to strengthen environmental enforcement in communities overburdened by pollution
- U.S. EPA Penalizes Four California Facilities More Than $800,000 for Clean Air Act Chemical Safety Violations
- U.S. EPA penalizes Hawaiian Ice for chemical safety violations
- After Successfully Obtaining a Preliminary Injunction, Justice Department and EPA Reach Clean Air Act Settlement with Gear Box Z for Selling Defeat Devices
- American Samoa EPA Awarded $200,000 for Environmental Justice Projects under the American Rescue Plan
- EPA Settles with Chevron, Levies Penalty, for Hazardous Waste Violations at Montebello, CA Facility
Smoke from wildfires can adversely affect air quality and put people at health risk from smoke exposure. Public health officials and others can use the resources in the Smoke-Ready Toolbox to help educate people about the risks of smoke exposure and actions they can take to protect their health.