Pacific Southwest (Region 9) Media Center
Find news releases, newsletters, contacts, and other information for the media and public at EPA’s Pacific Southwest Media Center. EPA’s Pacific Southwest region implements and enforces federal environmental laws in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, the Pacific Islands, and 148 tribal nations.
Latest Pacific Southwest News
- U.S. EPA fines Clean Harbors treatment facility over hazardous waste violations in San Jose
- EPA Announces Open Comment Period for Proposed Plan to Address Carson River Mercury Superfund Site, Nevada’s Sole Superfund Site
- U.S. EPA Announces Drinking Water System of Arvin, California Has Returned to Compliance with Arsenic Safety Standard
- EPA Levies Penalties Against Three Companies for Illegal Antimicrobial Products
- EPA Fines Salinas-Based Facilities $178,000 for Clean Air Act Violations
- Contra Costa Organizations Awarded $400,000 by EPA for Environmental Justice Projects under the American Rescue Plan
- SoCal chemical distributors settle Toxic Substances Control Act violations with U.S. EPA, pay $117,000 in fines
Tweets by @EPAregion9
Smoke-Ready Toolbox for Wildfires
Smoke from wildfires can adversely affect air quality and put people at health risk from smoke exposure. Public health officials and others can use the resources in the Smoke-Ready Toolbox to help educate people about the risks of smoke exposure and actions they can take to protect their health.