Module 1: Label Basics
Section 5: What are the types of labels and labeling?
- The four types of labels and labeling are: master label, sub-label or split-label, supplemental distributor labeling, and supplemental labeling.
- A master label contains claims and directions for all of the approved uses for a given product.
- A sub-label or split-label contains claims and directions for only a portion of the approved uses under a given master label.
- Supplemental distributor labeling includes labels for a product that is registered to one company, but distributed by another company.
- Supplemental labeling includes labels that contain newly approved uses, use directions, or other instructions that have been added since the last accepted master label.
Page 21 of 29
Previous Page Next Page