Label Review Training: Module 2: Parts of the Label, Page 12
Section 2: What is on the back panel?
- The back panel of a pesticide label can include the following four parts: precautionary statements, directions for use, storage and disposal instructions, and the warranty statement.
- The precautionary statements and directions for use sections of a label's back panel will be affected if that product is subject to the Worker Protection Standard.
- The back panel of a pesticide label should usually be organized in the following order: 1) precautionary statements, 2) directions for use, 3) storage and disposal instructions, and 4) the warranty statement.
- What are the four kinds of precautionary statements can appear on the back panel of a typical pesticide label?
- What are the four types of worker protection statements that generally appear in the precautionary statements if a product is subject to the Worker Protection Standard?
- What statement typically comes at the end of the back panel?
Hazards to humans and domestic animals statement, first aid statement, environmental hazards statement, and physical or chemical hazards statement.
Handler PPE statement, contaminated PPE statement, engineering controls statement, and user safety recommendations
The warranty statement.