About Region 6 Quality Assurance
The Quality Assurance Office's primary mission is to effectively oversee and carry out the EPA Region 6 Quality System and project-level quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) activities. More specifically, the Office's responsibilities include:
- Assessing the impact of laboratory integrity cases on EPA regulatory decisions
- Providing training and information on data quality
- Conducting Quality System oversight of EPA Regional programs, grantees (states, tribes and locals), contractors, other federal agencies and the regulated community under EPA enforcement orders to ensure that adequate quality systems are in place to support data collection and usage
- Conducting Project Level QA/QC oversight
- Providing QA and technical support to Regional Programs, States, Tribes and local governments
- Carrying out EPA environmental monitoring initiatives such as the National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP).