Training Courses on Quality Assurance and Quality Control Activities
The Environmental Quality Management Division develops a variety of traditional training materials on quality assurance (QA) activities and the EPA quality program. Since the materials below are generic in nature, instructors should supplement them with program-specific activities or information to give context, emphasis and relevance to your training event.
Note: As we update our Quality Directives, we will replace the training files on this page with revised training material.
Introduction to Data Quality Assessment
This course demonstrates how to perform a data quality assessment (DQA) to evaluate data and provides detailed information on graphical and statistical tools. This course will familiarize participants with the process for performing a data quality assessments.
It does not involve detailed instructions on the statistics involved in the process. The course is intended for managers or analysts that either use (analyze) data themselves or review the use of data by others.
"Introduction to Data Quality Assessment" Course
- Introduction to Data Quality Assessment Presentation (PPT) (ppt)
- Data Quality Assessment Handout 1 - Project Table (doc)
- Introduction to Data Quality Assessment Training Course Instructor Notes (doc)
Introduction to Data Quality Objectives (Updated November 15, 2000)
This course teaches participants the basic elements of the Data Quality Objectives (DQO) Process. In the first part of the course, the participants learn about
- the Agency's Quality Program and the elements of the DQO Process
- how the process applies to a regulatory program at EPA
- how to interpret the consequences of potential decision errors