Find a Radon Test Kit or Measurement and Mitigation Professional
On this page:
Where Can I Get a Radon Test Kit?
- The National Radon Program Services at Kansas State University offers discounted test kits available to purchase online. You may complete the test kit order form electronically and print it out to mail or fax in. You may download a radon test kit coupon and mail it in.
- Many radon test kits can be found online or in home improvement stores. Follow the directions on the packaging for the proper placement of the device and where to send the device after the test to find out your radon level.
- Contact your state radon program for information on how to obtain a test kit from a radon measurement professional. Some states also offer free or discounted test kits to the public.
Who Should I Hire to Test or Fix My Home?
If you are interested in finding a service provider to test for radon or mitigate (fix) your home, contact your state radon program for help in finding qualified professionals in your state.
Currently, EPA requires state receiving indoor radon grants to maintain and provide the public with a list of only those radon service providers who are credentialed either through:
- An existing state-run process established under a state’s regulatory requirements for credentialing radon service providers (e.g., state license), or
- One of the two currently-recognized national radon proficiency programs: