How to Submit a Complete Petition for an Approved Pathway for Renewable Fuel Standards
This page provides detailed guidance to help you successfully prepare and submit a petition for a new fuel pathway under the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program.
Before preparing a petition
Review and use the following information provided on this website:
Preparing a complete petition
- Learn how to prepare a complete petition for a new fuel pathway under the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program.
- How to Prepare a Complete Petition Version 1.1 (PDF)(32 pp, 1.13 MB, EPA-420-B-15-083, July 2015)
- Use the data submission template to provide some (not all) information needed for a complete petition.
Submitting a petition
Petitions may be submitted via EPA's secure online portal, the CDX DCFUEL reporting system, which provides an encrypted delivery method designed to handle confidential business information. To use this option, the petitioner must have a CDX account. Petitioners may also choose to submit their petition to EPA via email.
- Login page for CDX DCFUEL Reporting System
- User guidance documents to submit petitions using the CDX DCFUEL reporting system
- RFS Pathway Petitions CDX Quick Start Guide v.0.02 (PDF)(8 pp, 209 K, EPA-420-B-14-070, September 2014)
- RFS Pathway Petitions CDX User Guide v.0.02 (PDF)(27 pp, 2.11 MB, EPA-420-B-14-068, September 2014)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org