Documentation for Reclassification of Major Sources as Area Sources Under Section 112 of the Clean Air Act
EPA has finalized regulatory text to implement the plain language of the Clean Air Act that allows major sources of hazardous air pollutants (HAP) to reclassify as area sources at any time provided they reduce hazardous air emissions. This action reduces regulatory burden and provides a level of fairness and flexibility for sources that reduce HAP emissions below major source thresholds and reclassify as area sources.
Supporting information for the rule is available below; the Regulatory Impact Analysis for the rule is linked immediately below.
- Fact Sheet: Reclassification of Major Sources as Area Sources Under Section 112 of the Clean Air Act (MM2A) (Updated 10/07/2020) (pdf)
- MM2A Final Cost Analysis Memo (pdf)
- MM2A Final Cost Considerations Memo for 125 Percent Scenario (pdf)
- MM2A Final Illustrative Emissions Impact Analysis Memo (pdf)
- MM2A Final Permit Analysis Memo (pdf)