Tip: If your ZIP code is not found, try searching for your city and state. Some ZIP Codes may not be in our database.
To install the widget on your page: http://developer.epa.gov/envirofacts-uv-index-widget/
UV Index Forecast
The forecast map shows contour lines of predicted UV Index values during the solar noon hour. The map is created daily from National Weather Service forecast data. Click the buttons for Day 2, Day 3, or Day 4 to see the UV Index forecast for following days. You may notice a brief delay as each map loads. (To find the time of solar noon at your location, use the sunrise-sunset-solar noon calculator at the NOAA website.)
UV Index Forecast for US Cities
The map below shows predicted UV Index values during the solar noon hour for about 50 U.S. cities. It is created daily by the National Weather Service.
- Download the free UV Index smartphone app
- Stay up to date with our UV Index applications
- UV Alert map - Areas in the U.S. where the UV Index is forecasted to be above normal. (National Weather Service)
- Cities forecast bulletin - A plain text listing of forecasted UV Index values for 58 U.S. cities. (National Weather Service)
- Information about the UV Index - (National Weather Service)