Guidance Letters and Advisory Circulars for Vehicle, Engine, and Equipment Programs
- Overview of guidance letters
- Find guidance letters by year they were issued
- How to get notified when new letters are issued
- Advisory circulars
EPA guidance letters provide information, guidance, and instructions to the regulated industry on specific compliance topics and issues.
Change in Process for Guidance Letter Distribution (CISD-08-03) (PDF) (2 pp, 56K, February 29, 2008,
EPA uses a list server to notify manufacturers when a guidance letter has been issued.
- Goes out to the entire list server distribution list;
- Uses the subject line to specify to which industry(s) the letter applies; and
- Provides the website location for viewing and/or downloading the new guidance letter.
Subscribe to List Server
- Go to the: Subscribe page
- On this page, enter your email address (name and password are optional).
- Click the "subscribe" button on the bottom right.
- You will then be directed to a confirmation page that states:
"Subscribe requested. You will receive an email acknowledgement in a few minutes. Please check your email account for the acknowledgement email."
- In order to complete your subscription request, you must follow the instructions in the acknowledgement email.
- After following the instructions, please allow up to a few hours for your subscription to process.
- Once your subscription is processed, you will receive a welcome email that contains general information about the list server.
Unsubscribe from List Server
To unsubscribe from the "guidance_letter" list server, send a blank email message to: