Presented below are water quality standards for the Washington, DC (District of Columbia) in effect for Clean Water Act (CWA) purposes.
EPA is posting these standards as a convenience to users and has made a reasonable effort to assure their accuracy. Also, for each document listed under "District Standards in Effect for CWA Purposes", EPA has made a reasonable effort to identify parts of the standards that are disapproved or are otherwise not in effect for CWA purposes.
- [See Water Quality Standards (21 DCMR Ch. 11) (2010) ]
(Effective December 27, 2010) Regulations establishing water quality standards. Provisions are in effect for Clean Water Act purposes, with the exception of Section 1104.8. Please refer to the revised Section 1104.8 below.
- [See Section 1104.8, Water Quality Standards (21 DCMR Ch.11) (2014) ]
(Effective February 4, 2014) This section contains updated numeric criteria and replaces the section posted in the 2010 standards. Please refer to the 2010 document, posted above, for the effective water quality standards in the remaining sections.
- Withdrawal of Certain Federal Human Health and Aquatic Life Water Quality Criteria Applicable to Vermont, the District of Columbia, Kansas and New Jersey (December 3, 2002)
- Withdrawal of Certain Federal Human Health and Aquatic Life Water Quality Criteria Applicable to Rhode Island, Vermont, the District of Columbia, Kansas and Idaho (April 12, 2000)
- Establishment of Numeric Criteria for Priority Toxic Pollutants; States' Compliance—Revision of Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) Criteria (November 9, 1999)