About the Office of Science Advisor, Policy and Engagement (OSAPE)
On This Page:
What We Do
The Office of Science Advisor, Policy, and Engagement (OSAPE) supports the Agency’s Science Advisor and integrates and coordinates science across ORD and the Agency, with key external partners, and into the regulatory process. OSAPE provides support by:
- Integrating scientific research and expertise into Agency decisions, providing Agency leadership on scientific integrity and human subjects research review,
- Providing advice and vision on science and technology issues, managing ORD’s extramural research programs,
- Leading ORD’s regional science programs, challenges and prizes, managing several external advisory boards, serving as ORD’s lead on science policy issues, and
- Coordinating ORD’s partnerships with tribes, other federal agencies and international organizations, and key state and local partners.
OSAPE also includes EPA’s Human Subjects Research Review Official and EPA’s Scientific Integrity Official. The Human Subject Research Review Official provides Agency leadership regarding the approval of human research and oversight of relevant policies, practices and regulations. The Scientific Integrity Official leads the implementation of the Agency’s Scientific Integrity policy, collaborating with senior leadership within EPA and promoting a climate that is supportive of high quality, timely science products.
Mary Ross, Director
Kacee Deener, Deputy Director
Danielle Cole, Chief of Staff
- Phone: 202-564-6022
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extramural Research and Partnerships Division
Maggie LaVay, Director
- Science Policy Division
Maria Doa, Director
Main Office Location
US EPA ORD Office of Science Advisor, Policy, and Engagement
William Jefferson Clinton Building
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N. W.
Mail Code: 8104R
Washington, DC 20460