AgSTAR: Biogas Recovery in the Agriculture Sector
AgSTAR is a collaborative program sponsored by EPA and USDA that promotes the use of biogas recovery systems to reduce methane emissions from livestock waste. Learn more.
Projects & Opportunities
Need help getting started?
- Review the answers to frequently asked questions about livestock biogas projects
Anaerobic Digester Projects in the U.S.
Dairy Hog Poultry Beef Mixed | View larger map
The colors and sizes of the icons indicate the types and numbers of animals that feed the digester at each project. Click the button (>>) at the top left of the map to show the detailed legend.
Industry News & Events
- National Summit on Combined Heat and Power, Combined Heat and Power Alliance, Sept. 14-16, 2020, Online format Exit
- American Biogas Council: Biogas Americas Live (Online Event, Tu/Th, Sept. 10-Oct. 1) Exit
- Sustainable Phosphorus Alliance: Annual Phosphorus Forum (Online Event, Sept 20/Oct. 1, 2020) Exit
- WasteExpo Together Online (Free Online Event, Sept. 14-17, 2020) Exit
- View information about AgSTAR events and other related industry events
Check out the latest AgSTAR Project Development Handbook that includes new details about:
- Co-digestion of various feedstocks
- Numerous options for biogas utilization
- Combining AD/biogas systems and nutrient recovery
View a slideshow about community renewable energy in Goshen, Indiana
Learn about the market potential for biogas energy projects in AgSTAR's Market Opportunities for Biogas Recovery Systems at U.S. Livestock Facilities
Calculate the economic value of investment under a variety of technology and price scenarios for an AD system with Washington State University's Anaerobic Digester System Enterprise Budget Calculator Exit