AgSTAR and its partners support the development of anaerobic digesters to reduce methane emissions from livestock waste.
- What is the AgSTAR Partner Program?
- What are the elements of the AgSTAR Partner Program?
- Are there other EPA programs related to biogas?
What is the AgSTAR Partner Program?
AgSTAR’s Partner Program builds stronger relationships with state and non-governmental stakeholders to support all phases of anaerobic digester projects: planning, deployment and long-term success. The following organizations are eligible to become AgSTAR partners (click to view current partner lists):
What are the Elements of the AgSTAR Partner Program?
What EPA Does
- Shares best practices and lessons learned
- Evaluates policies and programs that impact anaerobic digestion projects
- Project development assistance:
- Technical and economic evaluations
- Information on financial assistance
- Market data
- Industry contacts
- Outreach and education
- Data on existing AD projects
- Fosters state-to-state collaboration
- Provides an AgSTAR liaison
What Partners Do
- Designate an AgSTAR coordinator
- Share success stories of anaerobic digestion projects and identify potential project sites
- Promote projects through outreach and education
- Review state policies for opportunities to overcome barriers
- Work with AgSTAR to consider new policies, mechanisms and incentives
- Receive public recognition
- Gain access to active network of anaerobic digestion-related organizations
- Collaborate with AgSTAR liaison
- Help shape national priorities
- Overcome barriers
- Learn about trends and new developments
- Enjoy access to technical information, marketing and network assistance
AgSTAR focuses on biogas recovery from livestock waste. Other EPA programs promote biogas recovery in other sectors or provide incentives or information that biogas project developers may find helpful.
- Food Recovery Challenge
- Landfill Methane Outreach Program (LMOP)
- Renewable Fuel Standard Program (RFS2)
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Partnership
- Green Power Partnership
- EPA State and Local Transportation Resources: Clean Vehicles