Air Monitoring Methods - Criteria Pollutants
These documents support the EPA program for approving Federal Reference Methods (FRM) and Federal Equivalent Methods (FEMs). This information will be updated periodically based on input from EPA’s Office of Research and Development.
- List of Designated Reference and Equivalent Methods (pdf)
- Technical Note Regarding the Tisch Environment TE-PM2.5C Cyclone Background (pdf)
- Clarifications and Interpretations Concerning the Comparability Tests for Class II and III Candidate Equivalent Methods for PM2.5 and PM10-2.5 (40 CFR 53.35 and related sections) (pdf)
- Notice of EPA Re-designation of Certain Equivalent Methods for PM2.5 (pdf)
- NOTICE: Potential Applicants for US EPA Designation of Candidate Class II and III Equivalent Methods for PM2.5 and PM10-2.5 Under the New (2006) EPA Regulations (40 CFR 53) (pdf)
- Guidelines for FRM and FEM Applicants (pdf)