Agenda for Public Meeting - Risk Evaluation Process Rule under the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act - August 9, 2016
Purpose: To hear from the public prior to development of a proposed rule for chemical risk evaluation.
9:30 – 10:00 Introduction and Welcome
- Jeff Morris – Deputy Director, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT)
- Alice Tome – Moderator, Abt Associates
10:00 – 11:0 Current Risk Evaluation Process at the EPA
- Tala Henry – Director, Risk Assessment Division, OPPT
11:00 – 11:15 Break
11:15 – 12:15 Public Comment
12:15 – 1:15 Lunch Break
1:15 – 3:00 Public Comment (Call in speakers)
3:00 – 3:15 Break
3:15 – 4:30 Public Comment
Submit written comments and materials, identified by the relevant docket ID number for the meeting on the process for risk evaluation - docket ID EPA-HQ-OPPT-2016-0400 - by one of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: https://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments. Do not submit electronically any information you consider to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute.
- Mail: Document Control Office (7407M), Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.
A meeting summary and any additional information will be posted on the EPA’s Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act webpage.