Internships and Fellowships for Law Students and Recent Law School Grads
Unlike almost all other EPA jobs, attorney jobs do not need to be published on USAJobs.gov. To maximize your chances of finding out about all EPA legal internship opportunities, you should:
- review the information available from the links below,
- check with your law school careers office since they may know of paid and/or unpaid opportunities at EPA offices other than those described on the links below, and
- check USAJobs.gov periodically.
All positions advertised through USAJobs.gov are paid. With respect to the links below, if information about a specific program does not indicate that it offers paid positions, assume the positions are unpaid/volunteer. Don't hesitate to ask, however; a program may be able to pay a stipend even if it has not been able to do so in the past.
Opportunities in Washington, D.C.
- Office of General Counsel (OGC)
- Office of Enforecement and Compliance Assurance (OECA)
- Office of Administrative Law Judges (OALJ)
- Environmental Appeals Board (EAB)
Opportunities in Our Regional Offices around the Nation
- Atlanta (Region 4)
- Boston (Region 1)
- Legal internships: no opportunities currently available
- Chicago (Region 5)
- Honors Attorney Fellowship - Fall 2020 - application period closed Dec. 2, 2019
- Legal externships and internships: opportunities may be available
- Dallas (Region 6)
- Summer Honors Intern Program: opportunities may be available - application period closed Feb 15, 2020
- Denver (Region 8)
- Legal internships in the Office of Regional Counsel: opportunities may be available
- Legal internships for the fall, spring and summer semesters in the Office of Enforcement, Compliance and Environmental Justice: contact Marc Weiner (firstname.lastname@example.org). For summer semesters, we accept only students who will be starting their third year of law school in the fall.
- Legal internships for the fall, spring and summer semesters with the Denver field office of EPA's Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, Fuels Enforcement Branch: contact Matthew Kryman (303-312-6272; email@example.com). For summer semesters, we accept only students who will be starting their third year of law school in the fall.
- Kansas City (Region 7)
- New York City (Region 2)
- Philadelphia (Region 3)
- San Francisco (Region 9)
- Seattle (Region 10)