Internships and Fellowships for Law Students and Recent Law School Grads
Unlike almost all other EPA jobs, attorney jobs do not need to be published on USAJobs.gov. To maximize your chances of finding out about all EPA legal internship opportunities, you should:
- review the information available from the links below,
- check with your law school careers office since they may know of paid and/or unpaid opportunities at EPA offices other than those described on the links below, and
- check USAJobs.gov periodically.
All positions advertised through USAJobs.gov are paid. With respect to the links below, if information about a specific program does not indicate that it offers paid positions, assume the positions are unpaid/volunteer. Don't hesitate to ask, however; a program may be able to pay a stipend even if it has not been able to do so in the past.
Opportunities in Washington, D.C.
- Summer Honors Law Clerk Program in the Office of General Counsel
- Honors Legal Fellowship Program in EPA's Office of General Counsel
- Student Honors Law Clerk Program in the Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance
- Legal Internships and Clerkship Programs in EPA's Office of Administrative Law Judges
- Legal Internships and Externships with EPA's Environmental Appeals Board
- Honors Clerkship Program with EPA’s Environmental Appeals Board
Opportunities in Our Regional Offices around the Nation
- Atlanta (Region 4)
- Boston (Region 1)
- Honors Attorney Fellowship - Beginning October 2018 in EPA's Boston office
- Legal internships: no opportunities currently available
- Chicago (Region 5)
- Dallas (Region 6)
- Denver (Region 8)
- Legal internships in the Office of Regional Counsel: opportunities may be available
- Legal internships for the fall, spring and summer semesters in the Office of Enforcement, Compliance and Environmental Justice: contact Marc Weiner (email@example.com). For summer semesters, we accept only students who will be starting their third year of law school in the fall.
- Legal internships for the fall, spring and summer semesters with the Denver field office of EPA's Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, Mobile Source Enforcement Branch: contact Tahani Rivers (303-312-7155; firstname.lastname@example.org). For summer semesters, we accept only students who will be starting their third year of law school in the fall.
- New York City (Region 2)
- Philadelphia (Region 3)
- San Francisco (Region 9)
- Seattle (Region 10)