Please note that the opportunities below are those that have been reported to EPA webmasters. Many offices, both at EPA headquarters and around the nation, may have volunteer opportunities available but not reported to webmasters, as described in the Unpaid Internships - General Information section on the Student Internships page. Check the information below periodically. Opportunities for work in specific offices will be posted as they open up.
The last item in the bulleted list of internships available is a link to the EPA Order authorizing the hiring of student volunteers. If it is the only item in the bulleted list, that means that no internships are currently available.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Volunteer position in EPA's Federal Facilities Enforcement Office in the Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (CLOSES JANUARY 1, 2019) (PDF)(2 pp, 134 K, 11/19/2018)
- Volunteer positions in EPA's Office of Public Affairs for Feb-May 2019, Washington, D.C. (CLOSES DECEMBER 1, 2018) (PDF)(2 pp, 417 K)
- Volunteer/Unpaid Economics Internship Position with EPA's Office of Water, Washington, DC (No Closing Date) (PDF)(2 pp, 119 K, 10/23/2017)
- Volunteer/Unpaid Internship Position with EPA's Office of Water in Washington, D.C. - Building Resilience to Extreme Weather (No Closing Date) (PDF)(2 pp, 77 K, 10/23/2017)
- Volunteer/Unpaid Water Quality Internship Position with EPA's Office of Water, Washington, DC (No Closing Date) (PDF)(2 pp, 78 K, 10/23/2017)
- Authority for EPA Offering Volunteer (Unpaid) Internships: EPA Order 3100.4B -- Volunteer Service Program (PDF)(8 pp, 348 K, May 1980)
- Volunteer/Unpaid Internships for Spring/Summer 2019 in the Office of Air and Radiation-OAPPS, Washington, D.C., CLOSING DATE: December 7, 2018 (PDF)(2 pp, 499 K)