BASINS Technical Notes
EPA has developed several technical notes that provide in depth information on a specific function in BASINS. Technical notes can be used to answer questions users may have, or to provide additional information on the application of features in BASINS.
Note: References in the technical notes are made to NPSM (NonPoint Source Model) which was the predecessor to WinHSPF (Windows Hydrological Simulation Program - Fortran) in BASINS 3.0. Please substitute "WinHSPF" for "NPSM" in the Technical Notes.
- 01TechNote01 Creating Hydraulic Function Tables (FTABLES) for Reservoirs in BASINS (pdf)
- 02TechNote 02 Two Automated Methods for Creating Hydraulic Function Tables FTABLES (pdf)
- 03TechNote 03 WinHSPF Simulation Module Matrix (pdf)
- 04TechNote 04 Incorporating Upstream Flow and Water Quality Time Series in the Source Model (pdf)
- 05TechNote 05 Using HSPEXP with BASINS (pdf)
- 06TechNote 06 Estimating Hydrology and Hydraulic Parameters for HSPF (pdf)
- 07TechNote 6Addendum Additional Notes for HSPF Users (pdf)
- 08TechNote 07 Matching STORET Parameters with HSPF Output (pdf)
- 09TechNote 08 Sediment Parameter and Calibration Guidance for HSPF (pdf)
- 10TechNote 09 Web Based HSPF Toolkit to Support Low Impact Development LID and Other Urban Stormwater Modeling Applications (pdf)
- 11TechNote 10 Using the BASINS Meterological Database Version 2006 (pdf)
- 12TechNote 11 Infiltration BMP Tutorial for HSPF (pdf)