Region 9: Children's Environmental Health in the Pacific Southwest
Choose from the resources below to learn about children’s environmental health in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, the Pacific Islands, and 148 Tribal Nations.
Western States Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit
EPA and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry jointly support the Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units (PEHSU), which is a network of experts in pediatric environmental health located throughout North America. The PEHSU was created to ensure that health professionals and communities have access to specialized medical knowledge and resources for children faced with a health risk due to a natural or human-made environmental hazard. The Western States PEHSU is available to answer questions from healthcare professionals, parents, care givers, and others about children's symptoms that may be related to environmental exposures. The Western States PEHSU can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (415) 206-4083 or (866) 827-3478 (toll free). Service Area: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, and Tribal Nations
- Recording: October 2022 Community Development Institute (CDI) (EPA Region 9 grantee) FREE virtual training session about the importance of environmental and facility health in early care and education. In the training, CDI shares useful assessment tools that help to identify potential facility concerns, increase awareness of environmental exposures, and provide useful resources to address identified concerns.
- Recording: October 27, 2022 EPA Region 9 Tribal Conference in Lake Tahoe, NV presentation on Practical Indoor Air Quality Monitoring, Filtration, and Ventilation
- Recording: October 2021 Region 9 Tribal Conference Sessions
- Recording: October 20, 2020 Ask the Experts: Wildfire Smoke, Mental Health and Green Cleaning-Sanitizing-Disinfecting Webinar in English and Spanish
- Recording: October 6, 2020 Region 9 Tribal Conference Children's Environmental Health and Environmental Education Session
- New Western States Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit (WSPEHSU) resources on Indoor Air Quality and cooking in English and Spanish, and green cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting for early care and education in English, Spanish, Tagalog, and Samoan
- Children’s Environmental Health Whiteboard Video – Developed by the Office of Children’s Health Protection in 2022
- Region 9 Wildfire Videos on AirNow – Four videos in English and Spanish developed by Region 9 in 2020 and 2021