Online Rebate Application Information: Clean School Bus Program
The 2022 Clean School Bus Rebates Program is now CLOSED
While EPA is no longer accepting new applications, if you submitted an application you can login to view a record of your submission here.
On this page:
- Who can submit an application?
- What information do I need to complete the application?
- Where can I get help?
- User Guide and other application resources
Who can submit an application?
- Review the Rebate Program Information page and 2022 Clean School Bus (CSB) Program Guide posted there to determine if your organization is eligible to apply.
- Check the System for Award Management (SAM.gov) to ensure your organization is actively registered as an entity
- Note: An individual user account on SAM.gov is not the same thing as an organization’s entity registration
- Review all SAM.gov entity registration information for accuracy, including bank accounts, addresses, the Unique Entity Identifier (UEI), and Points of Contact
- If your organization has no record of a sam.gov registration, expired or active, and needs to create a new registration, the simplest entity registration type that can participate in the Clean School Bus Rebates is the “Federal Assistance Awards Only” registration.
- Only individuals with email addresses listed as one of the following Points of Contact (POC) under an active SAM.gov entity registration will have access to create, edit, save, and submit a Clean School Bus Rebate application:
- Electronic Business POC
- Alternate Electronic Business POC
- Government Business POC
- Alternate Government Business POC
- Individuals listed as SAM.gov POCs will be prompted to use login.gov when accessing the application form. They must use the same POC email address listed in SAM.gov for their login.gov account. Depending on whether they have used login.gov before, they may be prompted to create a free login.gov account.
What information do I need to complete the application?
Before starting the application, it is helpful to have the following information at hand:
- The 12-character SAM.gov UEI for your organization. If your organization’s active SAM.gov entity registration includes multiple bank accounts, you will also need to know the 4-digit Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Indicator associated with the bank account you want funds to be disbursed to.
- If applying for funding to replace buses owned and operated by a private fleet serving a school district; the name, address, and contact information for that private fleet.
- The 7-character National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) District ID associated with the school district served by the buses that will be replaced and contact information for an individual at that school district. The NCES District ID for school districts prioritized for funding can also be found in the Prioritized School District List posted here.
- If the school district is a charter school, you may be prompted to input an estimate of the student poverty rate. See Section 2 of the 2022 CSB Program Guide for more information.
- Information on the old buses to be replaced. If you have completed a 2022 CSB Inventory Sheet (xlsx), it may be useful in this process. Section 3 of the 2022 CSB Program Guide details the eligible requirements for old buses.
- 17-character VIN (Please double check the VIN for accuracy)
- Manufacturer, model, fuel type, and vehicle model year
- Estimated average annual mileage and fuel consumption
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) in pounds
- Scans of bus titles and, if required in your state, registrations. Allowable file types include pdf, png, jpeg, and jpg.
- Information on the new replacement buses:
- Estimated GVWR in pounds
- Fuel type: Fuel types that can be selected for new replacement buses may be limited based on the vehicle model year and fuel type entered for the old bus to be replaced. See Section 3 of the 2022 CSB Rebates Program Guide for bus eligibility requirements.
- Primary and alternate business contacts for your organization.
Where can I get help?
- If your organization has a finance office, they may be familiar with your organization’s entity registration status on SAM.gov. For assistance with SAM.gov registrations, please first review the SAM.gov help page. If you need further assistance, reach out to the Federal Service Desk (FSD) at: https://www.fsd.gov. FSD is the only official and free government resource for assistance with SAM.gov. Please exercise caution with other websites that claim to assist with SAM.gov registrations for a fee.
- For questions on eligibility and program requirements, please first review the 2022 CSB Program Guide and Q&A documents posted here. If you have questions after reviewing this information, contact email@example.com
- For questions on accessing and using the application, please first review the User Guide below. If you have questions after reviewing this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
User Guide and other application resources
- 2022 Clean School Bus Rebate Forms Application User Guide (pdf) (8.75 MB, May 2022, EPA-420-B-22-026)