Where can professionals who manage school, office, and commercial buildings get information on ventilation and filtration to respond to COVID-19?
Professionals who operate school, office, and commercial buildings should consult the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) guidance for information on ventilation and filtration to help reduce risks from the virus that causes COVID-19. In general, increasing ventilation and filtration is usually appropriate; however, due to the complexity and diversity of buildings types, sizes, construction styles, HVAC system components, and other building features, a professional should interpret ASHRAE guidelines for their specific building and circumstances. Visit the ASHRAE website for additional information.
- Will an air cleaner or air purifier help protect me and my family from COVID-19 in my home?
- Will an Ozone Generator protect me and my family from COVID-19?
- Is there HVAC guidance that building and maintenance professionals can follow to help protect from COVID-19?
- Can running the HVAC system in my home help protect me from COVID-19?
- How can I increase ventilation at home to help protect my family from COVID-19?