Why aren’t hand sanitizers listed on List N?
List N only includes EPA-registered surface disinfectants. Hand sanitizers, antiseptic washes and antibacterial soaps are regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). EPA-registered surface disinfectants, including surface wipes, should not be applied on your skin or ingested. More information is available on the FDA website.
- What is the process for EPA approval of disinfectant products related to COVID-19?
- Are there any changes to the registration of disinfectants due to COVID-19?
- Do I need to register disinfectant products with EPA in order to import them?
- Does EPA regulate companies that require cleaning services claiming to disinfect for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)?
- Will EPA take enforcement action against companies making false claims that their disinfectants work against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)?
- What is an emerging viral pathogen claim?
- What’s the difference between products that disinfect, sanitize, and clean surfaces?