State and Tribal Legislation and Studies related to CWA Section 404(g)
This page has state and tribal legislation, studies, and other documents related to their efforts to assume the CWA section 404 program. These were submitted to the NACEPT subcommittee on Assumable Waters, by the subcommittee members, for their use and consideration.
Please Note: Many of these documents were provided to EPA in a format that we cannot ensure compliance with Section 508 requirements. Others were created before accessibility requirements under Section 508 were in effect. If a document is not accessible to you and you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact th subcommittee's Designated Federal Official, Ms. Laura Bachle at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you.
- Alaska Legislative Letter - 2014 (pdf)
- Michigan Interstate Water Examples (pdf)
- Minnesota 1989 Feasibility Study (pdf)
- Minnesota's 1993 study: Assumption of the Section 404 Program (pdf)
- Minnesota Briefing Paper - 404 Assumption (pdf)
- Minnesota's 2015 Wetland Conservation Act Statute Changes (pdf)
- Oregon's legislation SB 172 (pdf)
- Final Report On the State of Oregon’s Proposed Assumption of Clean Water Act §404 Permit Authority and Integration of Endangered Species Act Requirements (pdf)
- Virginia's CWA section 404 Feasibility Study - 2012 (pdf)