State and Tribal Assumption of Section 404 of the Clean Water Act
This site is designed to increase state and tribal program managers' understanding of the requirements for and process to assume Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 permitting responsibility, as well as answer questions about implementation of approved state and tribal Section 404 programs.
Process and Requirements
- State and Tribal Assumption - Interactive Map
- January 14, 2021: EPA signs action to codify Florida's approved CWA Section 404 program. Pre-publication notice.
- Rulemaking - Modernizing the State and Tribal Assumption Regulations
- Rulemaking for criminal negligence standard for State CWA 402 and 404 programs
- Assumable Waters Subcommittee