TECHNICAL PRODUCT BULLETIN #M-31
USEPA, OEM REGULATIONS IMPLEMENTATION DIVISION
LISTING DATE: NOVEMBER 9, 2015
LAST COMMUNICATION WITH MANUFACTURER: 3/10/2016
LAST ATTEMPT: 7/23/2021
|I. NAME, BRAND, OR TRADEMARK|
|II. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MANUFACTURER/CONTACT|
Tradewinds Environmental Safety Services SA de CV
|III. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF PRIMARY DISTRIBUTORS|
EPC Evolved Products, Inc.
|IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION|
1. Flammability: Non-Flammable
|V. SHELF LIFE|
The shelf life of CAS 100© is 1 year from date of production if stored in a dry dark location. Keep material stored in original containers in a dark, dry area until use. If the product is exposed to UV rays consistently, it will degrade over time.
|VI. RECOMMENDED APPLICATION PROCEDURE|
1. Application Method: In powder form, apply CAS 100© along the outer edges of spill area to prevent migration. Continue to apply CAS 100© inside spill area until the area is saturated with product. Depending on type of hydrocarbon, the resulting oil/CAS 100© mixture can be rolled up like a carpet or clumps of the solid can be removed with a net. In pad form, booms can be used to prevent migration of oil spill. Pads can be used to clean up the spill area by placing them on the oil spill itself. Once the pad is saturated, it can be easily removed by simply picking up the pad.
2. Concentration/Application Rate: CAS 100© is used by applying 1 pound of product to each 10 pounds of spilled hydrocarbon. The contact time varies from just a few seconds to several hours depending upon the quantity of the spill. Hydrocarbon viscosities decrease as temperatures increase causing an increase in the time required for the gelling process of hydrocarbon to CAS 100©.
3. Conditions for Use: CAS 100© can be used on any concentration of water salinity and water temperature. There is no restriction of the types of ages of the hydrocarbon being processed. Depending upon the types of the hydrocarbon, the resulting oil/CAS 100© mixture can be in the form of a carpet, rubber ball or crumb like material. CAS 100© has a fast gelling characteristic, which prevents the hydrocarbon from spreading further. Once the hydrocarbon comes in contact with CAS 100©, the result is a non-leaching solid within a few minutes (or hours) depending on the size of the spill. The resulting solid should be collected at the spill site and disposed of according to federal, state and local regulations. Collecting the solid at the spill site will prevent the resulting oil/CAS 100© mixture from reaching open water.
|VII. TOXICITY AND EFFECTIVENESS|
|VIII. MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS|
|IX. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES|
|1. Flash Point: >200ºF
2. Pour Point: NA (solid material)
3. Viscosity: NA (solid material)
4. Specific Gravity: 0.51
5. pH: 6.94
6. Surface Active Agents: NA
7. Solvents: NA
8. Additives: NA
9. Solubility in Water: Insoluble
|X. ANALYSIS FOR HEAVY METALS, CYANIDE, AND CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS|