EPA OIL FIELD SOLUTION
TECHNICAL PRODUCT BULLETIN #SW-61
USEPA, OEM REGULATIONS IMPLEMENTATION DIVISION
ORIGINAL LISTING DATE: OCTOBER 13, 2011
“EPA OIL FIELD SOLUTION™”
EPA HAS NOT RECEIVED UPDATED CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THIS PRODUCT: 3/23/16
|I. NAME, BRAND, OR TRADEMARK|
|EPA OIL FIELD SOLUTION™
(aka, HYDRO-CLEAN™, GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL CLEANER™, AWAN PRA OIL FIELD SOLUTION™)
Type of Product: Surface Washing Agent
|II. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MANUFACTURER/CONTACT|
|Environmental Protection Associates, Inc.
2578 Enterprise Road, Suite 141
Orange City, FL 32763
Phone: (407) 687-6742
Website: www.epaworldwide.com Exit
(Mr. Nathan Hall)
|III. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF PRIMARY DISTRIBUTORS|
|International Green Building Group, Inc.
10800 Main Street, Suite 150
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: (202) 300-8324
Website: www.internationalgreenbuildinggroup.com Exit
AWAN International General Trading
P.O. Box 75352
Kingdom of Bahrain
Website: www.awangroups.com Exit
Website: www.awanpra.com Exit
(Mr. James Gard)
|IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION|
|1. Flammability: Non-flammable (DOT: Non-hazardous)
2. Ventilation: No special requirements.
3. Skin and eye contact; protective clothing; treatment in case of contact: No special equipment or clothing required, however goggles are recommended. If eye or skin irritation occurs, flush with plenty of fresh water.
4.a. Maximum storage temperature: 120°F continuous, 140°F up to 5 days
4.b. Minimum storage temperature: 35°F
4.c. Optimum storage temperature range: 40°F to 120°F
4.d. Temperatures of phase separations and chemical changes: Stable
|V. SHELF LIFE|
|Unlimited in sealed polydrums or totes (as delivered). Avoid direct sunlight.|
|VI. RECOMMENDED APPLICATION PROCEDURE|
|1. Application Method: Product may be applied to surfaces for removal of oils. Select proper dilution depending on material surface prior to application. For treatment of large areas, properly diluted product may be applied by spraying with a pressure washer, portable fire pump, or any other suitable pump with seawater or freshwater suction that is equipped with a chemical inductor or feed pump. For smaller areas, properly diluted product may be applied with scrubber, mop, cloth or damp sponge. Apply liberally, adjusting dilution on site as necessary. For shorelines, mangroves, and seagrasses product is sprayed directly on the oiled rocky surfaces full strength as supplied. After a soak time of zero to 30 minutes, the cleaner and oil released from the shoreline surface can be collected and disposed. The soak time may vary with temperature, oil density, and degree of weathering.
2. Concentration/Application Rate: For heavily weathered oil on rocks, a diluted solution of 3 parts water to 1 part product is recommended. For heavily weathered oil on beaches/sand, a diluted solution of 5 parts water to 1 part product is ideal. For removing oil from vegetation, a diluted solution of 10-20 parts water to 1 part product is preferred. Product may be diluted with either salt or fresh water. Warmer water (greater than 78°F) and/or good agitation during application will require less of the product.
3. Conditions for Use: Best results are obtained by allowing diluted solution to soak for at least 30 minutes to soften the oil deposits. Reapplication may be necessary in severely contaminated areas. A sorbent boom or vacuum suction equipment should be positioned to collect the washed off effluent. When proper containment equipment is in place and a soaking period of at least 30 minutes has been achieved, a diluted solution of 20 parts water and 1 part product should be applied at mid-pressure (approximately 100 PSI). Adjust pressure and angle of the hose sprayer to achieve optimum results, adjusting the dilution as necessary on site. Product and effluent should be vacuumed up or absorbed in absorbent boom and disposed of according to local, state, and federal regulations. EPA Oil Field Solution™ is useful on shorelines using fresh or salt water. It can be used on all types of oil including heavily weathered and emulsified (“chocolate mousse”) containing up to 50 percent water.
|VII.TOXICITY AND EFFECTIVENESS|
|VIII. MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS|
|IX. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES|
|1. Flash Point: >95°F
2. Pour Point: -2°F
3. Viscosity: 1.137368 SUS @40°F
4. Specific Gravity: 1.11 @60°F
5. pH: 13.4
6. Surface Active Agents: Nonionic, proprietary, surfactants
7. Solvents: Proprietary
8. Additives: None
9. Solubility: Miscible in oil, water, and solvents
|X. ANALYSIS FOR HEAVY METALS, CYANIDE, AND CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS|