ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA
TECHNICAL PRODUCT BULLETIN: B-67
USEPA, OEM REGULATIONS IMPLEMENTATION DIVISION
LISTING DATE: JULY 27, 2011
“ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA”
|I. NAME, BRAND, OR TRADEMARK|
|ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA
Type of Product: Bioremediation Agent (Microbiological Culture, Enzyme Additive, Nutrient Additive)
|II. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MANUFACTURER/CONTACT|
|Evadine Technologies, LLC
217 Deborah Drive
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Phone: (310) 929-7925
(Mr. Warren Russell)
|III. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF PRIMARY DISTRIBUTORS|
7301 NW Gainesville Road
Ocala, FL 34475
Phone: (352) 789-1194
(Mr. Gonzalo Pozo)
|IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION|
|1. Flammability: Water-based, Non-flammable
2. Ventilation: Needs no ventilation; aqueous-based organic product; does not emit hazardous vapors. Some CO2 may build up.
3. Skin and eye contact; protective clothing; treatment in case of contact: ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA is not a dermal irritant. Avoid eye contact, and wear goggles when using product. Eyewash for quick and copious eye flushing should be available on site. Seek prompt medical attention should contact occur and if irritation persists. Protective rubber gloves are suggested during handling. ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA has a smell of fermentation and yeast. The product does not give off harmful vapors. Long storage will cause buildup of CO2 in water vapor.
4.a. Maximum storage temperature: 104°F
4.b. Minimum storage temperature: 32°F
4.c. Optimum storage temperature range: 57°F to 97°F
4.d. Temperatures of phase separation and chemical changes: above 113°F
|V. SHELF LIFE|
|ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA has a recommended shelf life of 5 years. After 5 years at optimum storage in cool temperature there is an approximate 10% decrease per year in product effectiveness. Shelter from direct sunlight or extreme cold or heat source. In the event of fire, wash with water.|
|VI. RECOMMENDED APPLICATION PROCEDURE|
|1. Application Method: ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA can be applied with any commercially available spray apparatus, such as small hand held tanks, back packs, large mixing tanks with mechanical pumping devices, vessels with booms for spraying wide paths, or liquid spray devices on crop duster airplanes or helicopters. ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA can also be applied by eductor systems from vessels, fire trucks, or any other outfitted vehicle.
2. Concentration/Application Rate: General. ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA generally takes 5 to 50 minutes to penetrate the molecular walls of hydrocarbons. Warmer conditions favor faster biological action whereas colder conditions may reduce the speed of decomposition. Once ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA is applied to the targeted areas, the microbes will attach themselves to the hydrocarbons and start to attack their carbon structure and metabolize into natural organic substances from the humus family. Aquatic plants and animal life will feed on this nutrient. Within hours odor will be negligent and changes will be noticeable in seven days, depending on the temperature. ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA will also break down the adhesive properties of the hydrocarbons, preventing oils from attaching to animals, vegetation, rocks, and earth.
Dilution Rates: ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA should always be mixed with the native water of the affected area. Note: Do not use city water that has been treated with chlorine with ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA. This means that if you are treating an affected saltwater area, then saltwater should be used as your base carrier for the product. Likewise if you are treating a lake or river, then that carrier water would be the freshwater from that source. For general applications and light oil films, dilute each gallon of ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA with source water (e.g., fresh, brackish, or saltwater) at a ratio of 1:50. For oil mousse like formation in intertidal zones, use a dilution of 1:30. If the spill is very heavy and the oil layer is thick (more than 1 inch) it is recommended that ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA be applied at a lower ratio of 1:20. On land not involving water bodies, it is recommended that an organic absorbent be applied prior to using ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA to treat oil spills to remediate the C1 and C35 Petroleum Hydrocarbons. This is to increase the contact surface area for ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA to convert spills oil and absorbent to organic humus.
Application on Coastal Water: Apply the mixed solution using hand held sprayers, tank sprayers, booms from vessels, helicopters, or airplanes. First, start by spraying the outer perimeter of the spill and systematically work towards the middle of the affected area, making sure to cover the entire surface area of the spill. Use 1.5 gallons of ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA concentrate for every 1000 gallons of hydrocarbons spilled. Dilute it with 30 gallons of seawater per gallon of concentrate for spraying. [To calculate gallons of ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA required, multiply estimated gallons of hydrocarbons by 0.0015.] For denser hydrocarbons, like in the case of crude oil, multiply barrels of crude oil by 42 to get gallons of crude and apply above ratios. If you do not know gallons of hydrocarbons or barrels of crude oil, estimate size of spill by (1000 square yards x 2 inch average thickness) to arrive at gallons of oil spilled. Use 10 kg/22 lbs of ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA diluted to 50 gallons in water to cover this area. As a rule, 2 kg/4.4 lbs ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA is required per metric ton of oil spilled. Dilution varies depending on oil thickness or simple sheen floating on water surface.
Application for Intertidal Zones: ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA should be applied at low tide, when the affected areas are exposed to the elements, allowing the product to securely attach to the hydrocarbons. Cease application if the tide rises and resume once the water level has receded again. Continue application cycle until the entire affected area has been coated. The recommended mix ratio is 1:30. In areas where a combination of high tide and waves have pushed the contamination beyond the intertidal zone, oil rag layer looking like chocolate mousse, cordon off the area and start spraying ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA diluted at a ratio of 1:20 in water. The objective is to get an application rate of between 1 to 2 gallons of concentrated ERGOFIT MICROMIX AQUA sprayed per 1000 gallons of hydrocarbons spilled.
|VII. TOXICITY AND EFFECTIVENESS|
Bioremediation Agent Effectiveness Test (40 CFR 300.900), Federal Register September 15, 1994:
Summary Data Table:
Results of Gravimetric Analysis:
Percentage (%) Decrease in Weight of Oil on Day 28
|VIII. MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS|
1. Listing of all microorganisms by species and percentage in the composition: CONFIDENTIAL
2. Optimum pH, temperature, and salinity ranges for use of the additive:
pH: 6.5 to 7.5.
Temperature: 57°F to 97°F.
Salinity: The maximum permissible salinity is up to 4.9% sodium by solution
3. Minimum and maximum pH, temperature, and salinity levels below or above which the effectiveness of the additive is reduced to half its optimum capacity:
pH: Lower than 4.5 or higher than 8.5 reduces the product efficiency by 50 percent.
Temperature: Lower than 32°F or higher than 104°F reduces the product efficiency by 50 percent.
Salinity: The maximum permissible salinity is up to 4.9% sodium by solution
4. Special nutrient requirements: NA
5. Test results regarding the determination of the presence of the following:
Fecal coliform: Negative
Staphylococcus Coagulase positive: Negative
Beta Hemolytic Streptococci: Negative
|IX. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES|
|X. ANALYSIS OF HEAVY METALS, CYANIDE, AND CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS|