Become a GreenChill Partner
Who Can Join
The GreenChill Corporate Emissions Reduction Program, “the Partnership,” focuses on food retailers, including supermarkets, grocery stores, co-ops, supercenters, and wholesale clubs that are willing to reduce company-wide refrigerant emissions.
Additional Partners include refrigeration system manufacturers and chemical producers that promote the adoption of alternative refrigerants, advanced refrigeration technologies, and operational best practices.
To be eligible to join the Partnership, prospective companies must meet these criteria:
- Willingness to reduce company-wide refrigerant emissions, implement environmental best practices, and share information with EPA on efforts to transition to environmentally friendlier refrigerants, reduce refrigerant emissions, and adopt green refrigeration technologies.
- Willingness to actively participate in GreenChill Partner meetings and events.
- Have no current Clean Air Act enforcement issues.
How to Join
Joining the GreenChill Corporate Emissions Reduction Program involves several steps:
- Contact GreenChill and request a Partnership packet, containing a GreenChill Partnership Agreement, sample Partnership materials, and other details about becoming a Partner.
- Sign the Partnership Agreement, which outlines the Partnership's goals and your company’s responsibilities under GreenChill.
- EPA will review your company’s eligibility to join, including conducting an enforcement screening, and countersign the Partnership Agreement.
- Congratulations, you are now a GreenChill Partner!
To request a Partnership packet or more information about joining the GreenChill Partnership, please contact GreenChill@epa.gov.
For more information about joining the GreenChill Partnership please contact Kirsten Cappel or call 202-343-9556.