Each year, select GreenChill Partners and participants in the GreenChill Store Certification Program for Food Retailers are presented with awards that recognize their outstanding achievements and efforts towards reducing refrigerant emissions and decreasing their impact on the ozone layer and climate change. Since 2007, GreenChill has recognized 213 individual achievements across eight recognition categories.
GreenChill recognition recipients are selected based on their exceptional environmental performance as demonstrated by their efforts, leadership, and initiative towards reducing refrigerant emissions and decreasing their impact on the ozone layer and climate change.
EPA recognizes eligible Partners and Certified Stores in the following eight categories:
Corporate Emissions Reduction Program
- Best Emissions Rate: Partners with the lowest corporate-wide refrigerant emissions rate out of all Partners.
- Most Improved Emissions Rate: Partner with the most improved emissions rate for commercial systems compared to the previous year; and Partner with the most improved emissions rate compared to their baseline year.
- Distinguished Partner: Recognition for the individual or organization demonstrating extraordinary leadership and initiative in achieving GreenChill’s mission over the past year.
- Superior Goal Achievement: Partners that achieve their annual GreenChill refrigerant emissions reduction goal.
- Exceptional Goal Achievement: Partners that achieve their stretch refrigerant emissions reduction goal. This goal is more difficult to achieve than the goal recognized with Superior Goal Achievement.
Store Certification Program
- Best of the Best: The best GreenChill Certified Stores in the past year.
- Store Certification Excellence (Supermarket and Non-supermarket): The supermarket company that achieved the most GreenChill Store Certifications during the past year and the commercial systems manufacturer with the most systems installed in GreenChill Certified Stores during the past year.
- Store Re-Certification Excellence (Supermarket): Supermarkets that have achieved five or ten consecutive GreenChill Store Certifications.