Federal Sustainability Requirements and Guidelines
EPA is committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, energy, water and waste at its facilities and operating high-performance sustainable buildings. In addition to demonstrating leadership, these efforts help the Agency meet the following federal requirements and guidance:
- In December 2020, Congress passed the Energy Act of 2020 (PDF)(2124 pp, 4.8 MB , About PDF) as part of an omnibus bill, which contains new requirements for federal agencies.
- Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA 2007)
- Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings
- Technical Guidance on Implementing the Stormwater Runoff Requirements for Federal Projects under Section 438 of EISA 2007
- Previous federal requirements