EPA 2020 COVID-19 Water Sector Survey Summary Report
EPA is releasing a report relaying the results of the 2020 COVID-19 Water Sector Survey. The survey requested information on how the pandemic affected utility function across multiple areas, including chemical and equipment supply-chain, workforce, financial, sampling and analysis, and cyber security concerns.
The results highlight the resilience of the water sector in continuing to deliver safe and reliable water services, despite the challenges presented by the pandemic. The report underscores the critical need to invest in the nation’s aging infrastructure and workforce, and challenges exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The report also describes shortages and supply chain disruptions experienced, heightened water workforce staffing shortages, financial effects, operational difficulties and steps taken to ensure continuity of service.
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- EPA 2020 COVID-19 Water Sector Survey Summary Report (pdf)
- Appendix A – Survey Methodology (pdf)
- Appendix B – Questionnaire (pdf)
- Appendix C: Data Tables for Community Water Systems (pdf)
- Appendix D: Data Tables for Wastewater Treatment Facilities (pdf)
- Appendix E: Data Tables for American Indian Utilities (pdf)
- Appendix F: Data Tables for Alaska Native Village Utilities (pdf)
- Appendix G: Data Tables for All Utility Types (pdf)