An official website of the United States government.


How can you find a qualified radon service provider in your area?

If you are interested in finding a qualified radon service professional to test or mitigate your home, or you need to purchase or have questions about a radon measurement device, you should:

  1. Contact your State Radon Contact (go to  and click on your state to get contact information) to determine what are, or whether there are, requirements associated with providing radon measurement and or radon mitigations/reductions in your State. Some States maintain lists of contractors available in their state or they have proficiency programs or requirements of their own.
  2. Contact one or both of the two privately-run National Radon Proficiency Programs (listed below alphabetically) who are offering proficiency listing/accreditation/certification in radon testing and mitigation.

National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP)
Phone (toll free): (800) 269-4174 or (828) 890-4117

National Radon Safety Board (NRSB)
Phone: (866) 329-3474

[Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government.]

If you have further questions about Radon, please call your State Radon Contact or the National Radon Information Line at: 1-800-SOS-RADON [1 (800) 767-7236].