Key Information about Landfill Gas and LMOP
LMOP provides information about landfill gas (LFG), LFG energy projects and renewable natural gas (RNG) to a wide range of organizations and individuals and provides answers to frequently asked questions as well as details about LMOP's accomplishments.
- Basics of LFG - LFG is composed of about 50 percent methane, a greenhouse gas with a global warming potential more than 25 times greater than that of carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Benefits of LFG Energy - Beneficially using LFG is one of the best ways to achieve a near-term impact in reducing landfill methane emissions.
- RNG - Biogas that has been upgraded can be used in place of fossil natural gas either locally or via pipeline injection.
- Frequent Questions - Find responses to common questions asked about LMOP, LFG or LFG energy projects.
- LMOP Accomplishments - LFG energy projects prevent direct methane emissions and reduce indirect CO2 emissions. LMOP provides tools, technical assistance and other resources to help accomplish these reductions.