Wolverine World Wide Tannery
Site Update - January 2019
EPA and the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality are coordinating their investigation of tannery pollution found in the Rockford and Belmont, Mich., areas. Sampling is complete and the agencies will be looking over the data to determine next steps. A full update is included in this fact sheet: Investigations Underway at Wolverine World Wide (PDF) (8 pp, 3.86 MB, About PDF)
Due to the recent federal government shutdown, EPA and DEQ cancelled an open house and meeting scheduled for Jan. 23, 2019. EPA and DEQ are currently planning on rescheduling this open house and meeting, with details announced once date and venue are confirmed. This informational meeting will update the community on the investigation status and provide an opportunity for the public to ask questions.
For more information:
Concerned residents can contact the State of Michigan Environmental Assistance Center at 800-662-9278 or email@example.com.
- For questions about exposure to PFAS in drinking water, please contact the MDHHS Toxicology Hotline at 800-648-6942.
- For information from the Kent County Department of Health about health effects of PFAS, please call 616-632-7100 or email KCPFAS@kentcountymi.gov.
- Fact Sheet - Investigations Underway at Wolverine World Wide (PDF)(8 pp, 3.86 MB, About PDF) Nov. 2018
- Approval with modifications - Wolverine - House Street EOC Work Plan
- Unilateral Administrative Order for Removal Actions for Wolverine World Wide
- Cover Letter Re: Wolverine Worldwide Tannery and House Street Disposal Site Unilateral Administrative Order under CERCLA Section 106
- Enforcement Action Memorandum - Wolverine Worldwide Tannery and House Street Disposal Site