Ocean Disposal Map
This map displays the 98 ocean disposal sites currently designated for ocean disposal of specified materials under the Marine Protection, Research and Sanctuaries Act (MPRSA). The map also presents vessels disposed into the ocean under the MPRSA general permit at 40 CFR 229.3.
- The ocean disposal sites are identified as orange circles and the vessel disposals as boats (boats are hidden in the default map view).
- The size of the orange circles represents the square area of the disposal site.
- Click on the disposal sites/vessel disposals for more information on EPA’s ocean disposal sites and vessels disposed at sea.
- Zoom: You can zoom in and out or scroll left and right to see the map at the extent you like.
- Icons on the top left. Hover the cursor over each icon and its name will pop up.
“Legend_2” icon: Click here and it shows how the size of the orange circles correlates with the square area of the disposal site.
“Layers List_2” icon: Click here and you can select whether to view disposal sites and vessel disposals or just one of them on the map.
Note: This map is for informational purposes only and has not been prepared for, nor is it suitable for legal or related matters.