Public Meetings and Events in Oklahoma
03/27/2018: Tri-State Mining District Open House
You are invited to an Open House to learn about the progress of cleanup activities underway at the Tar Creek Superfund site and other environmental protection efforts in the region. Representatives from the following groups will staff booths and share information about site remediation, investigation, human health, and environmental health.
- EPA Regions 6 and 7
- Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ)
- Local Environmental Action Demanded (L.E.A.D.) Agency
- Quapaw Tribe of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma State Department of Health
- Spring River Watershed Restoration and Protection Strategy (WRAPS)
- Grand River Dam Authority (GRDA) Water Quality Laboratory
- University of Oklahoma Center for Restoration of Ecosystems & Watersheds
- Pittsburg State University
These representatives will be available to answer your questions and address concerns about their work as well as activities at the
Tar Creek Superfund site. Cleanup efforts are focused on protecting human health, especially the health of young children.
This meeting is being held at a fully accessible facility that is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Janetta Coats (firstname.lastname@example.org), EPA Region 6 Community Involvement Coordinator, at (214) 665-7308 or 1-800-533-3508 (toll free).