Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Pollution Prevention Grant
The purpose of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Pollution Prevention grant is to provide businesses with technical assistance (e.g., information, training, tools) to encourage the development and implementation of pollution prevention (P2) practices.
All P2 grant projects selected under this grant support at least one of the EPA's P2 Program's six national emphasis areas (NEAs).
Businesses can save money by reducing their resource use, expenditures, waste and liability costs, while also reducing their environmental footprint and helping to protect human health and the environment.
This grant is funded by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
FY 2022- FY 2023 Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Pollution Prevention Grant
Not currently accepting applications
|$13.9 million in total federal pollution prevention grant funding (FY 2022 and FY 2023). Grants are fully funded at the initial award with a maximum individual award ceiling of $350,000.
|Offered every two years
States, state entities (colleges and universities recognized as instrumentalities of the state), the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, any territory or possession of the U.S., and federally recognized Tribes and intertribal consortia.
Assistance agreements are ineligible for inclusion into performance partnership grant agreements.
|National Emphasis Areas (NEA)
|Projects must fit within one of the six established NEAs: food and beverage manufacturing and processing; chemical manufacturing, processing and formulation; automotive manufacturing and maintenance; aerospace product and parts manufacturing and maintenance; metal manufacturing and fabrication; and Indian Country and Alaska native villages.
Grant Application Resources
- FY 2022 - FY 2023 P2 Grant Request for Applications using BIL funding
- P2 Grant Program Application Checklist
- Steps to Take Before Applying
- P2 Grant Webinars
- FY 2022-2023 Pollution Prevention Grant Programs’ List of Frequent Questions
- EPA Grants Community Library of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- P2 EJ Facility Mapping Tool
- National Emphasis Areas (NEAs)
- P2 Hub Helpline Contact Information
Grant Recipient Resources
- Measuring Pollution Prevention
- Collecting and Reporting P2 Results: Regional P2 Measurement Guidance
- Reporting Templates/Resources