Tribal Pesticide Program Council Meeting - October 3-4, 2017
For Release: August 22, 2017
The Tribal Pesticide Program Council (TPPC) will meet on October 3-4, 2017, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time in Sloan, Iowa. Tentative agenda topics include:
- a discussion on the status of pesticides in Indian Country,
- updates on regional tribal activities and
- discussions regarding developing pollinator protection plans and best practices for protecting pollinators.
An optional field tour on Thursday, October 5th, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. will feature the Winnebago Tribe’s environmental program.
The TPPC is a tribal technical resource and a program and policy development dialogue group focused on pesticide issues and concerns. It is composed of authorized representatives from federally recognized tribes, Indian nations and intertribal organizations.
The two-day meeting is being hosted by the Winnebago Tribe and will be held at the Winnavegas Casino Resort, 1500 330th Street, Sloan, Iowa 51055.
For more information about the meeting, contact:
- Cindy Wire (EPA’s OPP Tribal Coordinator) (email@example.com), (415) 947-4242; or
- Suzanne Forsyth (TPPC Administrator), UC Davis Extension (firstname.lastname@example.org), (530) 757-8603