FY 2019 Budget
The President's proposed budget outlines EPA's planned program activities for fiscal year 2019 (October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019) and associated resource requirements.
The proposed FY 2019 budget for the EPA provides $6.146 billion to support the Agency’s new FY 2018 – FY 2022 Strategic Plan and mission of protecting human health and the environment. This budget maintains core environmental protection with respect to statutory and regulatory obligations, and provides the direction and resources to return the EPA to its core mission of protecting human health and the environment. This can be accomplished by engaging with state, local, and tribal partners to create and implement sensible regulations that also work to enhance economic growth.
This strategy will be realized through three new strategic goals that guide EPA’s approach to protect human health and the environment:
- Goal 1 – Core Mission: Deliver real results to provide Americans with clean air, land, and water, and ensure chemical safety.
- Goal 2 – Cooperative Federalism: Rebalance the power between Washington and the states to create tangible environmental results for the American people.
- Goal 3 – Rule of Law and Process: Administer the law, as Congress intended, to refocus the Agency on its statutory obligations under the law.
EPA works to ensure our future generations will inherit a better and healthier environment. Environmental stewardship while growing our economy is essential to the American way of life and key to economic success and competitiveness. Regulation and policy will incorporate robust input from the public through formal and informal mechanisms to seek full understanding of the impacts of proposed policy on public health, the environment, the economy, jobs, families, and our communities.
EPA is proud to be a good steward of taxpayer resources and to efficiently deliver environmental protection. To learn more about how the Agency accomplishes its mission, including information on the organizational structure and regional offices, please visit www.epa.gov/aboutepa.
- FY 2019 EPA Budget in Brief: provides an overview of the Agency's proposed budget and activities.
- FY 2019 Justification of Appropriation Estimates for Committee on Appropriations: known as the Congressional Justification (CJ), includes detailed budget information for each of EPA's programs.
- Press Release: EPA FY 2019 Budget Proposal