Privacy Act System of Records: Inspector General Enterprise Management System Audit, Assignment and Timesheet Module, EPA-42
[excerpted from: Federal Register: July 19, 2011 (Volume 76, Number 221)]
System Name: Inspector General Enterprise Management System (IGEMS) Audit, Assignment, and Timesheet Modules.
System Location: Enterprise Technology Services Division, Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711.
Categories of Individuals Covered by the System: Office of Inspector General (OIG) employees; individuals who request audits or special projects; names of individual auditees.
Categories of Records in the System: Incoming audit requests, assignment sheets, review sheets, and reports; incoming special project requests, assignment sheets, and memorandums or briefing materials; and OIG employee timesheets.
Authority for Maintenance of the System (includes any revisions or amendments): Inspector General Act of 1978, 5 U.S.C. app. 3.
Purpose(s): To assist the OIG in planning and managing audits, evaluations, investigations and other OIG activities.
Routine Uses of Records Maintained in the System, Including Categories of Users, and the Purposes of Such Uses: General routine uses A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, and L apply to this system.
Policies and Practices for Storing, Retrieving, Accessing, Retaining, and Disposing of Records in the System:
- Storage: In a computer database.
- Retrievability: By assignment number, audit report number, the name and social security number of the assigned OIG auditor, or the name of the audit requestor. The general assignment module contains records that are retrieved by assignment number, and the name and Social Security Number of the OIG employee performing the assignment.
- Safeguards: Computer records are maintained in a secure, password protected computer system. All records are maintained in secure, access-controlled areas or buildings.
- Retention and Disposal: Records stored in this system are subject to EPA Schedule 707.
- System Manager(s) and Address: Assistant Inspector General for Mission Systems, Office of Inspector General, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20460.
Notification Procedures: Requests to determine whether this system of records contains a record pertaining to you must be sent to the Agency’s Freedom of Information Office. The address is: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency; 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Room 6416 West; Washington, DC 20460; (202) 566-1667; E-mail: (email@example.com); Attn: Privacy Act Officer.
Record Access Procedures: Persons seeking access to their own personal information in this system of records will be required to provide adequate identification (e.g., driver’s license, military identification card, employee badge or identification card) and, if necessary, proof of authority. Additional indentity verification procedures may be required as warranted. Requests must meet the requirements of EPA regulations at 40 CFR Part 16.
Contesting Procedures: Requests for correction or amendment must identify the record to be changed and the corrective action sought. Complete EPA Privacy Act procedures are set out at 40 CFR Part 16.
Record Source Categories: Record subject, OIG supervisors, other EPA employees.
System exempted From Certain Provisions of the Act: None.