Data Validation & Laboratory Quality Assurance for Region 9
- Evaluation of Laboratory Data Quality
- Laboratory Quality Assurance
- State Laboratory Certification Programs
- Begins in the planning stages when data quality objectives (DQOs) are established
- Continues during sample collection activities and laboratory analysis
- Is re-evaluated when validating the analytical data
- Is finalized as part of the data quality assessment process
Validation of data requires that appropriate quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) procedures be followed, and that adequate documentation be included for all data generated both in the laboratory and in the field. Professionals trained in data validation procedures review this information, "flag" data with qualifiers when QA/QC criteria are not met, and prepare the data validation report.
The documents presented are used to evaluate the quality of laboratory-generated analytical data
- Data Quality Screening of Environmental Monitoring Results Using Trend Charts
Frequently the quality of results from data collection activities are difficult to assess due to the number of individual laboratory QA/QC reports one needs to review and digest to reach a conclusion. Trend charting provides a quick, innovative, transparent, quantitative and graphical method to rapidly communicate laboratory quality control results.
- Superfund Contract Laboratory Program, National Functional Guidelines for Data Review
Documents designed to offer guidance on low concentration organic and inorganic analytical data evaluation and review. Although intended for review of analytical data generated through the Contract Laboratory Program (CLP), this guidance may be applicable to data generated through other laboratory programs as well.
- Contract Laboratory Program Guidance for Field Samplers
General information about environmental sample collection for the EPA's CLP including minimum CLP requirements, an explanation of the sampling process sequence of events, and information and checklists to help in planning and documenting sampling activities.
- Draft Region 9 Superfund Data Evaluation/Validation Guidance
Region 9 guidance for data validation.
- Laboratory Documentation Required for Data Validation
An updated draft which outlines the laboratory data reporting requirements necessary for evaluation of laboratory data quality of non-Contract Laboratory Deliverable products.
- Best Practices for the Detection and Deterrence of Laboratory Fraud
This document was produced by the California Military Environmental Coordination Committee in association with Chemical Data Quality/Cost Reduction Process Action Team to detect fraudulent laboratory practices.
- National Laboratory Accreditation ProgramExit
A voluntary association of State and Federal agencies to establish and promote mutually acceptable performance standards for the operation of environmental laboratories.
- Drinking Water Laboratory Certification Program
EPA’s Office of Water implements the Drinking Water Laboratory Certification Program in partnership with EPA Regions and States. Laboratories must be certified by EPA or the State to analyze drinking water samples for compliance monitoring.
- California Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program
ELAP provides evaluation and accreditation of environmental testing laboratories to ensure the quality of analytical data used for State of California regulatory purposes.
- Nevada Division of Environmental Protection Certified Laboratories
A list of laboratories certified by the State of Nevada.
- Arizona Department Of Health Services Certified Laboratories Facilities
A list of Arizona Dept. Of Health Certified Laboratories.