Federal Guidance Report No. 15 (FGR 15), External Exposure to Radionuclides in Air, Water and Soil, tabulates age-specific reference person effective dose rate coefficients for 1,252 radionuclides based on external exposure to radionuclides distributed in air, water or soil.
FGR 15 updates and expands the 1993 Federal Guidance Report No. 12 (FGR 12), External Exposure to Radionuclides in Air, Water, and Soil. Compared to FGR 12, FGR 15 incorporates six different age groups (whereas FGR 12 had one), updated tissue weighting factors (as recommended in ICRP Publication 103) and radionuclide decay data (as provided in ICRP Publication 107), and improved computing power to provide more precise calculations.
The data tables listed below can be found on the Oak Ridge National Laboratory's Center for Radiation Protection Knowledge (CRPK) webpage. View and download data tables.
- Reference person effective dose rate coefficients for each exposure scenario
- Reference person tissue dose equivalent coefficients for each exposure scenario and age
- Equivalent dose rate coefficients for monoenergetic photons
- Characteristic gamma emissions of ICRP Publication 107 radionuclides
- Federal Guidance Report No. 15: External Exposure to Radionuclides in Air, Water and Soil (PDF)(342 pp, 9 MB, June 2018, 402-R-18-001)