Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Training Module about Permits and Interim Status
This training module:
- Lists the types of waste management activities that require a permit
- Defines "existing hazardous waste facility" and "new hazardous waste facility"
- Identifies the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) sections relevant to Part A and Part B permit application requirements and briefly describes the difference between the two parts
- Outlines the steps in the permitting process from interim status to receipt of a permit
- Cites the CFR sections pertaining to permit duration and modifications
- Identifies the differences among permit modification classes
- Lists the special forms of permits
- Lists the types of facilities that may qualify for a permit-by-rule
- States the eligibility requirements for interim status and the conditions for termination of interim status
- Lists the conditions for changes during interim status
- Describes various regulatory developments and current EPA initiatives to improve the permitting program
Access other training modules that provide overviews of other specific RCRA regulatory topics here.